The Valley Church Piqua Bulletin
Welcome to The Valley Church!
We love our guests!
June 23, 2019
Thank you for joining us today. Every person was a guest at one time and we know coming to a new church can be intimidating. You are our guest and we want you to feel at home!
● Help yourself to coffee or tea from the coffee bar and feel free to bring it with you to your seat.
● As we sing, feel free to stand, sit, sing along or simply listen.
● Please fill out the Connection Card as you register and drop it by our Welcome Counter after the service. We would love to say hello and offer you a gift and cookies.
● We receive an offering but do not pass offering plates at The Valley Church. Joy Boxes are located in the back of the worship center or if you prefer to give online download The Valley App by texting "TVCAPP" to 77977 or visit thevalley.church. As our guest, please do not feel pressured - simply enjoy the service.
Parent Paging System – If your child should need you during a worship service, the security number from your guardian receipt will flash on the LED screen on the front, right wall. If you see your number, come to the Kid’s Place wing and someone will assist you. Thanks!
Parents with Small Children - We really appreciate it when you use our excellent nurseries & preschool. Changing tables are located in the men and women’s restrooms. There are spaces for nursing mothers in the West Venue restroom and East Venue prayer room as needed.
I Love My Church! - NEW teaching series
What do you think of when you hear the word, “church”? Stuffy, out-of-date, judgmental, irrelevant? Well, at The Valley Church you won’t find any of that. Instead you will find a group of people who care for one another, want to impact the next generation and make a difference in the community because of what Jesus has done for them. And, that is why we LOVE our church and we think you do too! Join us for this five week series and discover what makes The Valley Church a place people love to call home, how to keep it that way and how each of us can live these values out in our lives.
The messages are:
Today – Excellence June 23 – Relevant Truth
June 30 – Come as You Are Attitude July 7 – Young Families and Children
Journey Through Grief – A group experience
It is often said that each journey begins with a single step. This is certainly true of a grief journey. We invite you to begin attending the “Journey through Grief” group every other Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm. The next meeting will be on June 25th. Childcare is available and each group is "self - contained" so there is no need to worry about missing one. You will find help and encouragement whenever you choose to begin. Questions? Contact Bonnie Dickey at email@example.com.
Pizza with the Pastors
Have you recently started coming to The Valley Church and want to know more about what goes on here, who we are and ways you can connect? Then plan now to join us as our guest, for Pizza with the Pastors Sunday, June 23 after the second service. You’ll get a chance to make some new friends, as well as learn more about The Valley. We won’t keep you longer than 30 - 40 minutes although you can stay longer if you like.
Please let us know if you plan to attend and how many are in your family so we’ll have plenty of pizza by calling (778-8822) or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Your Family
POWER UP Vacation Bible Adventure – Now we’re rolling!!
· We are excited to share that 130 people have signed up to serve in some way at VBA July 14-17 from 6 -8 p.m. We still need at least 95 more people to join the team to help make our 2019 Vacation Bible Adventure the best that it can be. To become a part of the VBA team and make a difference in the life of a child fill out a form in the West Atrium or online at thevalley.church/vba. You can do this for volunteering and contributing supplies! Anyone who has just completed 6th grade and older is welcome to volunteer.
· It’s time to register your kids for VBA at the VBA table in the atrium or online at thevalley.church/vba. VBA is open to all children from 3-years-old (potty-trained) to those who have just finished 5th grade.
· You can also help contribute the supplies needed to make VBA a success! Just pick up a Supply Card of the item you want to give at the VBA table, purchase the item and then bring back the card attached to the item you are providing. You can place all items being given in the bin next to the VBA display. If you would prefer to give a financial gift, please mark “VBA Supplies” on the envelope and place it in the Joy Box or make your contribution online at thevalley.church/vba.
· Get your VBA shirts today! T-shirts can be purchased in the West Atrium for $5 (size 2T-XL), $7 (2X) and $10 (3X and 4X).
For more information, contact Paula Monnin (email@example.com) or Andrea Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Children’s Summer Camps
The Great Adventure Summer Camps are coming this summer for kids who have completed grades 1-6. Kids will experience God and have opportunities to grow their faith, while also making new friends, playing high-energy games, swimming, worshiping and so much more. Here are the dates and the cost of each camp:
·July 24-26: Grades 1-2; Cost is $75
·July 21-24: Grades 3-4; Cost is $110
·July 28-31: Grades 5-6; Cost is $110
Sign up today at thevalley.church/kidscamps or in the Kids atrium! All payments and forms must be submitted by June 24. Questions? Contact Stacy Geist at 541-1553.
C-4 Camp – Departure Info
We will depart on Sunday, June 23 at 2pm from The Valley Piqua. On Wednesday, June 26 we will return around 12:30pm. You can find all the details, including a packing list at the teen ministry counter, located outside the gym, or at thevalley.church/c4camp.
Questions? Email Heather Redinbo @ email@example.com
Live Out Loud this Summer in Ignite (Grades 6-12)
Teens, we have a service just for you! Check out Ignite Sundays at 11 am in the East Venue Gym. We will play crazy games, make new friends, hear great messages and so much more. You aren't going to want to miss it! There is a place for you in Ignite!