Who We Are
The Valley Church was founded in July of 1994 by a small group of people who wanted to help others come to know Jesus and the life He created for them. From the beginning, TVC has continually focused on being a place for people who had previously “tried” church and found it irrelevant. Our purpose has always been to help people rediscover God and connect them with others on the same journey.
Since those first days, TVC has continued to grow steadily as people first experienced and then shared the joy of having their lives changed by Christ. This sense of excitement and joy is part of the DNA of our church.
TVC has always understood the importance of ministering to persons of all age groups and especially to young families. In fact, the church believes that the best way to change the world is “one child at a time”.
At The Valley Church you’ll find the sermons relevant, the dress casual and the change people are experiencing very real. We purposely keep the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. The Valley Church is connected with the Church of the Nazarene and agrees with how they view God and the relationship He has with His creation.
We’re glad you are visiting the The Valley Church web site and invite you to join us for a worship service or one of the numerous other connections that we offer. Come and experience the excitement and joy of belonging at TVC!
Why Does The Valley Church Exist?
We exist because we believe making Jesus the leader of your life will change everything.
Our mission is our never-changing purpose for existing--to change lives that change other lives.
Our vision is to take our next steps to have a gathering of The Valley Church in every community in our area to reach the 83% who don't attend church and know Christ.
Our values are our core quides. They include:
- Relevant Truth
- Young Families and Children
- Come as You Are Attitude
- Missional Risk Takers
Love • Grow • Serve • Go
We believe thse are the 4 Essentials of a growing follower of Christ:
- Love: God - Corporate Worship & Personal Spiritual Practices
- Grow: in Faith - LifeGroups, Bible Study or the Journey, an 8-week Bible study
- Serve: Others - Serve Teams & mission opportunities inside & outside the church
- Go: Make Disciples - Leading the Journey, an 8 week Bible study, (leading people to know Christ), leading teams, personal evangelism teaching, Honduras Project, mentoring in schools, etc.
- We believe in one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given completely by inspiration from God, contain all the truth necessary to come to faith and live "all out" for Christ.
- We believe that men and woman are born with a fallen nature, and have a continual bent toward sin and evil until their heart is restored to God’s original image.
- We believe that those who don’t repent and trust in Jesus Christ are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the price Jesus Christ paid on the cross is for the whole human race and that everyone who repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is brought into a right relationship with God and made new.
- We believe that those who begin following Jesus are to be completely consecrated to God through the power of His Spirit, after coming to know Him through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to this new change in our hearts and to the love He gives us. We believe He empowers and guides us as we live this life with Him.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.